Saturday, 12 March 2011

Measure twice, cut once..

That is good advice by the way..
I’ve not long finished making 100 or so handmade wedding invitations for my brother and sister-in-law to be for their wedding later this year. They had their own ideas of what they wanted so I didn’t do much except show them what the ideas in their heads looked like as an actual invite and do a little drawing of the venue which features on the front of each one. Then I assembled all the ingredients and made them pretty.
The wedding isn’t for a while yet so I shan’t reveal the finished invites, but I will show you the wedding invite factory (dining table) when I was still at the planning and trial and error stages and trying out measurements, papers and layouts. I loved having a special role in the wedding plans and I’m really pleased with how they turned out, simple and elegant.. unlike their creator. Look forward to showing you the finished articles later on in the year.


Planning stages

Go Bananas Bear Biscuits - a vital part of the creative process!

No comments:

Post a Comment