Saturday, 7 September 2013

Creative Coffee

I love coffee, and I love a bit of Flat Caps Coffee http://www.flatcapscoffee.com/

Flat Caps is found in the basement of Elula gift shop on Ridley Place, Newcastle  upon Tyne, and is well-known locally as one of the best coffee shops in the Toon. The chap who runs it, Joe, is passionate about his coffee and knows his stuff - I like getting him to choose my coffee for me, because you always get to try something different and discover delicious things. The carrot and houmous sandwiches and homemade cakes are winners too.

I spotted a competition on the Flat Caps website a few weeks ago, inviting us all to get creative about our love for coffee, whether that be via a short story, poem, joke etc. Well I got creative with my fineliners, drawing myself with a big cup, in a fog of delicious coffee smells on a bed of coffee beans. Sometimes I love smelling coffee even more than I love drinking it.

I am very pleased to be one of the winners, you can see my drawing below:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment